Photo: Romulo Yanes; Food Styling: Simon Andrews; Prop Styling: Helen Crowther
Grilled Chicken And Pea Shoot Chermoula Sandwiches
Original recipe source: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-pea-shoot-sandwiches
Ingredients (Serves 4-5):
1/2 cup Gradassi "Fiore d'Autunno" Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil"
1/4 cup lemon juice
6 tbsp of Henry Langdon Australian Chermoula Spice Blend
1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves
4 or 5 ciabatta or francese sandwich rolls (12 oz. total), split
1 carrot, cut into long shreds, preferably with a mandoline
1 qt. lightly packed tender pea shoots*, separated into 4- to 5-in. pieces
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1. Stir together oil, lemon juice and Henry Langdon Chermoula Spice Blend in a medium bowl. Transfer 6 tbsp. to a small bowl.
2. Pull off tenders (the long, small, tenderloin muscles) from chicken. Add chicken (including tenders) to chermoula in medium bowl and turn to coat. Chill chicken and extra chermoula, covered, about 1 hour and up to 1 day, turning chicken once.
3. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Grill chicken, covered, turning once, until cooked through, 4 to 10 minutes; discard marinade. Transfer chicken to a board, let rest briefly, then slice diagonally. Grill rolls, cut sides down, until toasted, 1 minute.
4. Spoon 2 tbsp. reserved chermoula into a clean medium bowl, add carrot and pea shoots, and toss gently. Spoon 1 1/2 tbsp. more chermoula into a small dish and set aside. Whisk mayonnaise into chermoula remaining in the small bowl and spread over cut sides of the rolls.
5. Fill rolls with pea shoot salad and arrange chicken on top. Spoon about 1 tsp. reserved chermoula (from small dish) over chicken on each sandwich.