Pork Stuffed with Apple and Henry Langdon Coriander, Chilli & Kaffir Lime
1.75kd boneless pork loin roast
2 tbsp butter
2 shallots, finely sliced
1/4 cup toasted macadamia nuts
1 green apple, peeled, cored and diced
2 tbsp Henry Langdon Coriander, Chilli & Kaffir Lime Sea Salt Rub
3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Sea salt
Note: Allow approx 30 minutes cooking per 500gm or pork
Time: Prep time 20 minutes, Cook time 105 minutes
1) Pre-heat the oven to 475ºF.
2) Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, toasted macadamias and apple. Saute for 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3) Combine the apples with Henry Langdon Coriander, Chilli & Kaffir Lime Sea Salt Rub and breadcrumbs.
4) If the pork is tied, remove the string and lay in flat, rind side down. Check that the rind has been scored and if needed, cut the meat to make room for the stuffing. Spread the stuffing evenly over the meat, roll and tie off with butchers string.
5) Rub the rind with lemon juice, then oil and then message the salt into the rind, ensuring you get salt into the scores in the rind. This will give you a better crackling.
6) Place the pork on a rack in a roasting dish and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350ºF and bake for a further 75 minutes or until the pork is cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.